The LPAR tool allows the administration of any number of LPARs, managed systems and HMCs from one central system (AIX, Linux or MacOS). The software can be installed as a package and is available immediately.
The benefits of the LPAR tool:
- Create and manage LPARs.
- Administration of virtual SCSI, NPIV, SR-IOV and vNICs.
- Manage Shared Processor Pools.
- Administration of virtual-I/O-servers.
- Extremely fast: most commands only take a fraction of a second.
- Easy integration into automation scripts or cron jobs.
- Also provides output in JSON, Stanza or YAML format.
- Tasks that require hundreds of commands on the HMC can be issued with a single command by the LPAR tool.
- Easy to use, thanks to a simple and consistent user interface.
- Detailed online help available.
- User manual in German and English.
Testing the LPAR tool:
The LPAR tool can be downloaded and tested free of charge from our download area (https://powercampus.de/en/download-2). The most recent version has an integrated test license. This allows use for up to 10 HMCs, 100 managed systems and 1000 LPARs.
Documentation for the LPAR tool is available in the form of PDFs.
There are also a number of articles available. These demonstrate the use of the LPAR tool on a variety of topics.
- PowerVM and Virtual Networks (Part 1)
- PowerVM and Virtual Networks (Part 2)
- Virtual SCSI
- Console for an LPAR
- LPAR Status and Configuration
- Which are HMC and Managed System of an LPAR?
The following presentations are available:
We have created a series of videos on the LPAR tool. These demonstrate how easy and effective it is to work with the LPAR tool:
We offer the LPAR tool in the form of annual subscriptions. The price is graded according to the number of LPARs (the graduation starts from 10 LPARs). The price for the annual subscription includes a license to use the LPAR-Tool, updates of the LPAR-Tool, and software support.
You are interested and you have further questions? Contact us via email@example.com.
For our customers, the following email address is available for support inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, the support form from our website can also be used.